There’s nothing quite like natural beauty, and if you can keep looking your best naturally, there’s nothing better than that! While there are countless cosmetic procedures available to enhance your appearance, there’s an alternative – face yoga for looking younger, reducing double chin, skin tightening, and much more. It is a non-invasive, non-toxic, and inexpensive way to improve your face structurally by strengthening facial muscles. Check out the many benefits it offers!
Whether you’re looking to start face yoga for addressing a particular problem or to tone your face overall, you can get the desired results with regular exercise. Read on for more.
1. Face Yoga For Chubby Cheeks
2. Face Yoga For Double Chin
3. Face Yoga For Dark Circles
4. Tools For Face Yoga
Face Yoga For Chubby Cheeks
Try these simple exercises to chisel your face.
- Jaw Dropper: Push the tongue against the insides of the front teeth of the lower jaw. Extend your jaw downwards as far as you can. Repeat 15 times.
- Chin-Ups: Get your chin to do push-ups by pushing your lower lip upwards and lifting your chin using the chin muscles. Repeat 15 times.
- Side Kisses: Pucker your lips as much as possible and move them from side to side. Go as far to the right and left as you can. Repeat 15 times.
- Duck Face: Pucker your lips and open and close your mouth. Remember to push your lips outwards and tense the muscles in your face. Repeat 15 times.
Tip: Bear in mind that facial yoga needs to be practised correctly; doing it the wrong way or overdoing it can lead to more fine lines and wrinkles.
Face Yoga For Double Chin
Get rid of your double chin with these facial exercises.
- Fish Face: If you’re a pro at pouting for selfies, you’ll get the hang of this face exercise in no time. Just suck your cheeks and lips inwards like a fish and feel your cheek muscles stretch. Hold this position for a few counts.
- Puffer Fish Press: Also called the Mouthwash Technique, this face yoga for double chin also reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. All you have to do is close your mouth and puff up your cheeks, and move the air inside from one side to the other. Repeat for 30 seconds.
Check out this infographic to understand the causes of a double chin.
Tip: While facial yoga helps, it’s also important to exercise your body regularly and eat healthy!
Face Yoga For Dark Circles
If dark circles and puffy eyes are the banes of your existence, give facial yoga a try.
- Place your index and middle fingers on the inner corner of your eye. Press gently for 5-10 seconds, then tap the eye area lightly in a circular fashion. Repeat 10-15 times to improve blood circulation and lighten dark circles.
- Place your index fingers on the outer corners of your eyes and your middle fingers on the inner corners. Using light pressure, press the fingers down and lookup. Try not to wrinkle your forehead as you hold the position for a minimum of 10 seconds. Do this face yoga for the eyes thrice daily.
- Place your index fingers on your eyebrows and the middle fingers below the eyes. Pull the fingers upwards using light pressure while closing the gap between the fingers, such that there’s no gap by the time you reach the hairline. Repeat this 3-5 times to smoothen under-eye skin and boost blood circulation to lighten dark circles.
Tip: Try face yoga exercises for dark circles along with DIY home remedies to see a positive difference.
Your hands are the best tools you can use to enhance your facial features through face yoga. However, there are plenty of tools available that you can use.
- Jade Roller: Jade offers several benefits for the face and is not known as the ‘master crystal’ for nothing. Jade helps lift and smoothen skin, boosts circulation, offers anti-aging benefits, and balances yin and yang in the body. Use a jade roller on your face as part of your bedtime routine to relax your muscles.
- Rose Quartz Roller: Rose quartz is beneficial for those with sensitive skin. This crystal can calm down inflamed skin, but avoid using it on active acne or if you have eczema or rosacea. Use this roller in the early part of the day; chill in the fridge before using it on the face and eyes to de-puff and refresh your skin.
- Gua Sha: This is a multi-use tool that can be used in various ways in your face yoga routine. Choose between jade or rose quartz and the right serums or creams to use to nourish your skin. You can also use it on acupressure points to relieve tension.
- Precision Tools: These can help lift, firm, and heal your skin. They are designed to work on delicate areas of the face such as between the eyebrows, under the eyes, and around the mouth.
Tip: Choose the right kind of face yoga tools for your skin type and concerns for maximum benefits.
Q. Are there any precautions for face yoga?
A. Overdoing face yoga or not doing facial exercises the right way can negatively impact. Be sure to:
- Not overdo facial exercises
- Learn the right technique
- Avoid harsh and vigorous movements
- Moisturise skin before exercising to avoid stretching the skin
- Finish with a gentle massage to ease tension
Q. How can I slim down my round face?
A. Everyone’s face shape is different – round, square, oval, etc. There isn’t much that can be done to alter the structure for people with a naturally round faces. Note that lack of exercise, eating a poor diet, genetic conditions, and natural aging are common reasons for having excess fat on the face. Water retention and bloating can also make your face look puffy. Leading a healthy lifestyle and maintaining your weight will have a positive effect on your entire body, which will also reflect on your face.
Q. Which foods make your face fat?
A. Eating certain foods and following certain habits can show on your face as excess fat. Avoid foods with a high salt content as they can make your face puffy due to water retention. Avoid excess alcohol consumption as it can also lead to facial bloating. Stay hydrated through the day to flush toxins out of your system and avoid water retention.